Here you can find out most frequently asked questions from current and prospective parents/carers.
If the answer to your question isn't on our website or on this list, please feel free to contact us, and we will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.
- Can my child bring a mobile phone to school?
- How do I pay for school lunches?
- What percentage of your students are selected on the basis of faith or ability?
- Are Oasis Academies faith schools?
- Who funds academies?
- What is an academy?
- What do I do if my child is sick?
- Can my child wear jewellery and accessories?
- Does my child have to wear school uniform?
- What is the parental feedback procedure?
- Can anyone join the academy or is there a catchment area?
- Are tracksuit bottoms allowed for PE?
Staff and students of all faiths are welcome to be part of each Oasis Academy and faith is not a factor in the admissions criteria for the school. The academies are 'schools of religious character' in order to enable Oasis' ethos of inclusion, which is grounded on the Christian faith, to be prominent in the school's character.
Academies are publicly funded independent schools. The majority of the funding comes direct from central government. The Education Funding Agency (formerly the YPLA) will fund the annual running costs of the academies via a grant each academic year. The sponsor has responsibility for the day to day running of the academy. Oasis academies are sponsored by Oasis Community Learning, an exempt charity.
If you have a complaint about any aspect of the Academy, please contact the Academy office where we will talk you through the relevant procedure. If the matter is really urgent a senior member of staff will normally see you as soon as possible. However, specific staff will not be able to see parents without an appointment. Please email, write or telephone: an appointment can usually be arranged at short notice.
All places at the Academy are free and available to the local community within an admissions policy which mirrors the admissions arrangements for North East Lincolnshire. Students will be accepted irrespective of ability or faith. Full details about admission to the Academy can be found on the admissions section of the website.