We take pride in each and every one of our pupils at the Academy, and know that they are equally proud to be wearing their Academy badge on their uniforms.
OAW has a strict uniform policy, which we expect students and parents to adhere to.
Our Academy works with the uniform provider Uniform Direct (Uniform Direct, 56 Victoria Street, Grimsby, DN31 1BL). They are open 9am – 5pm, 6 days a week. Please visit their website for more information: www.uniform-direct.com
Academy ties are available to purchase from the Academy via ParentPay.
Please ensure that all uniform items are clearly labelled for students to identify their own clothing.
For any further information regarding the Academy Uniform, please contact Mrs Caroline Fenwick on 01472 871811 or email Caroline.Fenwick@oasiswintringham.org.
- Black blazer with Academy badge
- Black trousers - tailored and below the ankle: No hipsters, leggings or skinny/slim fit styles
- Academy lilac clip-on tie
- White business shirt - short or long sleeved that buttons to the neck
- Black or white socks - No coloured socks allowed
- Black low heeled smart shoes
- The following are not permitted: trainers, Nike school style trainers, black pumps, canvas shoes, ballet style shoes or Converse style shoes.
- Black Academy jumper with logo - although this is optional for winter warmth, it is the only acceptable item for wearing under a blazer, not instead of a blazer.
Students should always wear their PE kit on the days when it is scheduled on their timetable. This is a change due to Covid.
- Academy black polo shirt with logo
- Plain black shorts or Academy black shorts with logo are also available
- Plain black socks or Academy black & heather sports socks are also available
- Training shoes
- Black tracksuit bottoms
- Academy black fleece top with logo
- Black dance leggings
- Skins/under layers can be worn on both the top or bottom half
- Football boots
While at Oasis Academy Wintringham, students will be studying a wide range of sports and physical activities. For the sports listed below we strongly advise you provide the following personal protective equipment.
- Rugby - Shin pads and gum shields
- Hockey - Shin pads with ankle pads and gum shields
- Football - Shin pads
- Cricket - Boxers for red ball cricket
Other personal protective equipment is permitted, such as padded helmets for rugby, soft shoulder padding for rugby and protective hand guards for hockey. Where lessons are delivered on grass we strongly advice football boots. The provision for personal protective equipment is the responsibility of the parent. Oasis Academy Wintringham will always look to remove barriers to our students’ progress. If you require support or more information regarding equipment, please contact Director of Sport & Health - Jo.Turner@oasiswintringham.org
Please note: Hooded tops are not permitted in the Academy.
Jewellery & Personal Belongings
One small stud earring ONLY is permitted in each ear. No other piercings are allowed. A wristwatch may be worn.
These items will need to be removed for some activities and are the responsibility of the student.
No other jewellery is permitted.
Extreme hairstyles or colours are not acceptable business dress and are therefore not allowed in the Academy. We reserve the right to decide what constitutes extreme.
Please do not send your children to the Academy with personal belongings other than those required for study. The school accepts no responsibility for lost items.
Please ensure your child has a suitable warm, waterproof jacket appropriate for the weather.
Your child will require a suitable schoolbag.