Planned and carefully selected Enrichment opportunities are part of the Academy’s curriculum offer. We believe the value added from Enrichment can help to enhance performance and teach life skills that will equip our students to be a good and effective citizen, in an ever-changing world, once they leave the Academy.
What skills does Enrichment teach?
- Perseverance & tolerance – keep going for the long-haul
- Build strong relationships - Teamwork
- Include & respect everyone
- Hard work - determination to succeed
- Win and lose with grace
- Confidence in yourself & your beliefs
- A sense of fun and enjoyment
- Positive focus and attitude
- Health benefits
Outside the Classroom
- A wide range of educational visits to support the curriculum are offered to students in all years, within the UK and abroad
- Students are encouraged to participate in educational and House competitions
- The Academy has a deserved reputation for our excellent sports facilities and all students are encouraged to participate in diverse clubs, some of which are run and organised by students.
- Homework Clubs are offered in a variety of subjects so that students can access specialist support outside the Academy day, including the use of the LRC on a daily basis
- Established and regular foreign visits
- There are a wide variety of music and creative arts activities
- After-school support is arranged for students who require additional help through our SEND department
- The Academy supports students who wish to participate in the Duke of Edinburgh award scheme
We are proud to be in partnership with the Oasis Hub: South Grimsby, Grimsby Town F.C., Sports & Education Trust, Grimsby Twist & Flip and Renaissance Learning. We also have a strong partnership wtih the NE Lincolnshire SSP.